Artificial intelligence has taken the world by storm in the past few years. There have been tremendous developments in digital fonts with the help of artificial intelligence and virtual reality. AI has optimized chatbots to communicate and respond to human queries.
Powered by AI, created by Open AI, ChatGPT is revolutionary
ChatGPT, the common term for "Chat-based Generative Pre-trained Transformer," has become a much-hyped thing today. It has been designed to be an interactive conversational tool. From answering follow-up questions to rejecting incorrect responses, ChatGPT has become a potentially useful tool. It is about to be a game-changer, but there are still many doubts about whether it will overthrow Google.
Being an AI bot, it has more to offer than what people are initially expecting from it. The rising popularity of this AI tool has raised debates among web developers, and there have been continuous arguments over whether ChatGPT can kill or end Google.
Keep all your doubts aside!
Undoubtedly, it can be said that ChatGPT is an advanced tool, but it would be wise to say that this is a threat to Google, or for that matter, any other search engine across the internet. It has been trained with trillions of words and texts across the internet. The text-based results that this AI tool generates can be easily used by businesses to deal with customer queries or offer summaries of various texts. But in no way can ChatGPT be said to replace the task that popular search engines do. Search engines like Google work using multiple algorithms that are combined to give the best results to users based on their queries.
ChatGPT is easy to use, but is it perfect?
Using ChatGPT is as easy as ABC. All you have to do is visit the Open AI website and select the option of ChatGPT at the bottom of the site. Sign up, and you are ready to use the chatbot. Enter any text and get results in the form of texts in an instant.
Developers from a mobile app development company can also use ChatGPT to generate codes for developing applications.
Although it is easy to use, it is not perfect.
Unravelling the best parts of ChatGPT
● Conversational results:
You get the results in the form of conversation when searching for anything using ChatGPT.
● Contextual results:
Unlike Google, this AI bot gives you results that are based on context only.
● Conversations that are engaging:
The best part about this AI bot is the fact that it engages in meaningful conversations when answering queries. This is a key area where it differs from Google.
Real-life uses of ChatGPT
1. The customer service sector: Owing to the human-like response that it offers, this AI bot has found good use in the customer service sector. Customer queries can be easily replied to using the answers that are generated by this AI tool. The only constraint is that it cannot be directly integrated with any company’s website.
2. Online education: Students can easily learn new topics and get better insights into their curriculum with this bot. Students can feed in the topics and get details about them, thus helping them make extra notes.
3. Virtual assistance: Complicated tasks that require the help of a virtual assistant, can be easily catered to with the help of ChatGPT. But a web development company cannot integrate this in their website to deal with queries from clients and easy communication. Someone can only manually put queries and fetch results from here.
4. Writing Assistance: The best application of this bot can be seen in the field of writing. Writers can get good assistance with writing content with the help of this bot. You can write poems, short stories and even generate codes using this. But make sure that you read through the lines carefully to ensure that the final content is of the required quality and there are no repetitive lines in between.
Does ChatGPT pose a threat to Google?
A tweet from Elon Musk made users wonder if ChatGPT is going to be a threat to Google.
OpenAI, the creator of ChatGPT, enabled it to create text as a reply to queries put by a human. But Google is a search engine that offers users a list of results as per the search query they enter. ChatGPT has the potential to assist Google in answering many queries but cannot be considered a challenge to the task that it fulfills.
There are no chances as such that ChatGPT will overthrow Google or that people will start using it as an alternative to Google.
Although ChatGPT has a more interactive experience, the thing that gives Google the upper hand is the fact that it gives a comprehensive and updated result for any query.
Google is a search engine that has been designed to the highest level of sophistication and has innumerable products to offer users. But ChatGPT is just a model that understands and generates texts.
Take a small case as an example. Suppose you are searching for the best travel destinations near you, ChatGPT will give you recommendations that are human-styled. But Google will give you a list of the travel destinations near you and you can further click on the result links and get more details on the same. Many people believe that ChatGPT may kill Google, but giving it a logical thought, this is not something that is true.
Google has a host of services to offer, like cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and the like, while ChatGPT can assist a user with language translation and content creation.
Google has been on the web for over 20 years, so you can well understand the large user base that it has amassed. And it would be unwise to expect that ChatGPT will be able to conquer this base in such a short span of time.
The future scope and potential of ChatGPT
Developers are working on integrating GPT-3 into search engines, but that is a much more complicated task than can be thought of. Also, plenty of data has to be evaluated to ensure that whatever results come out of this AI tool are correct and accurate as per the query put up by the user. This is going to be used over the cloud, and it will be interesting to see what it does then. In the coming days, ChatGPT can be considered a potential alternative search engine, but not something that can overrule Google.
Limitations that dissuade the use of ChatGPT
● The results given by this bot have data from before 2021, so you will not get real-time facts.
● No visuals can be generated using this tool.
● There is no way you will be able to give it voice commands or get any voice responses from this bot.
● As there is no API for ChatGPT, you cannot integrate it into any website and no business can get its benefits directly.
● In recent times, owing to heavy traffic on this site, users have not been able to use ChatGPT. The majority of the time, the server has been down and users have not been able to get access to the site in many instances.
Many times, users have reported that the content delivered by ChatGPT is repetitive, irrelevant,. or outdated. This has led experts across different companies or web development agency to develop and share alternatives to this Bot. With the advancement in technology, a number of alternatives have come up in the market but none to the extent of replacing Google.
Putting a pause to the debate
It can be said without a doubt that ChatGPT is no immediate threat to Google and can also be integrated into the same to get the best results in terms of data management.
As per a top Digital Marketing Company, this year it will be all about going with the best when it is to conversational AI. Although ChatGPT is amazing at what it does, it has its own share of limitations and has a lot to overcome to beat Google. Google is here to stay and be the undisputed king in the list of all the available search engines.
ChatGPT can be a favourite for someone who is looking for a conversational copy but in no way will it be dethroning or diminishing the importance of Google.
1. Who can use ChatGPT?
Ans. ChatGPT is an AI bot that can be used by anyone and everyone, looking to create content or find conversational results of anything.
2. What is the usage fee of ChatGPT?
Ans. This is a free-to-use tool. But there are some premium features that are going to be launched soon. A monthly subscription charge can be levied for that.
3.Will ChatGPT end Google?
Ans.No, because Google has a lot more to offer to users than ChatGPT is far from offering to users in the current times.
4. What is the future of ChatGPT?
Ans To become a potential competitor for Google, many relevant features need to be integrated with this AI tool. Developers in the parent company are researching the same.